Research shows your resume should always be up to date. BE PREPARED.
December is the perfect time for resume update during hiring slowdown.
Up to date resume is a big help during annual performance review season.
With fresh resume on hand, it is easy to keep track of your skills and accomplishments.
Orientation is Tuesday, DECEMBER 20, 2022
1:30 TO 3:30
CLASSES ARE HELD EACH TUESDAY FOR 8 WEEKS
AT 141 FRANKLIN STREET, STAMFORD
Stamford American Job Center
To register, please call (203) 353-1702 or visit the American Job Center
Subscription Databases - Access using your Norwalk Library card number.
LearningExpress Workforce Solutions (featuring Job & Career Accelerator) contains hundreds of resources ― such as tutorials, practice tests, e-books, articles and flashcards ― to help users achieve high school equivalency, explore jobs and careers, prepare for occupational certification exams, and develop the core knowledge and skills that are essential to workplace success.
JobNow not only has expert resume assistance, live interview coaching and tips and resources to help start your job search, they also have Live VA Benefits Assistance & Unemployment Benefits Assistance.
- JobNow Receive live job coaching, real-time interview practice, full-service resume lab, 24/7 access to local job resources and more!
- Resume Assistance Prepare your resume with help from JobNow resources including resume templates; receive expert feedback via live interaction or the resume lab.
- Prepare for Your Interview Review interview tips and resources; connect with a job coach to practice interviewing.
AtoZ databases Intro Videos - Whether you are new to the application or need some assistance in navigating AtoZdatabases, these videos will provide the guidance you are looking for. Includes videos on how to search for a job, how to interview,& how not to interview.
As Connecticut begins to reopen businesses and the economy, there are several resources available to support job-seekers and businesses get back to work quickly and safely. Governor Lamont and the state have forged several partnerships to provide residents with job-training for in-demand skills, and custom job portals with open positions across the state.
- - Including Library Jobs
- Job Applications for local businesses
- Canva - Free resume builder
- - your source for career exploration, training
andjobs. Includes a Resume Guide for creating or updating your resume.
- - Search by keyword, industry, or by interests to find the perfect job. Find out what knowledge, skills
andabilities are needed.
- - a guide to career information about hundreds of occupations!
The History and Uses of the Occupational Outlook Handbook - an article from People Managing People.
- Zippia - A site for job seekers who want to empower their career aspirations with knowledgeable data.
Local Career Centers
- "...a One-Stop on wheels and mobile classroom which brings career services and computer training to you!"
Goodwill Career Centers: 15 Cross Street. Norwalk, CT Phone: 203-840-0361
They provide FREE job prep classes-Resume Writing, Job Searching, Interview Skills, Cover Letter writing, etc. Every day including Saturday, Except Wednesdays. There is a calendar of classes at the Main Reference Desk. They also have one-on-one job counseling (not just for Goodwill jobs). Scroll down to the Norwalk Goodwill entry for a link to their current calendar of classes.